What Exactly Are Varicose Veins?
Varicose veins are swollen, discolored, twisted blood vessels that bulge under the surface of your skin. Your legs, feet, and ankles are where these blue or purple bulges most frequently appear, and they may also hurt or itch. Smaller red, twisted or purple lines that form near the surface of your skin are spider veins, which may surround varicose veins.
Varicose veins aren’t dangerous for most people, even though they can be unattractive and painful. Serious health issues, like blood clots, can occasionally result from severe varicose veins. You or your healthcare practitioner can manage most varicose vein problems at home using injections, laser therapy, or surgery. You should contact a vein specialist or visit a vein clinic if you have severe varicose veins. What is a vein clinic? It is where you can get all the necessary treatment for your varicose veins.
Who is more likely to develop varicose veins?
Varicose veins can appear on anyone. Varicose veins usually occur as a result of some of these factors, such as:
- Age: Vein walls and valves also lose some of their functionality as we grow older. Veins become stiffer and less flexible.
- Gender: The hormones produced in women can cause the vein walls to expand. Due to changes in hormonal levels, pregnant women who take birth control pills or go through menopause are more likely to develop these varicose veins.
- Family history: This disease is heritable
- Lifestyle: Prolonged standing or sitting in the same position reduces blood circulation. Wearing tight outfits can reduce blood flow.
- Health in general: Some health problems, such as extreme constipation or specific malignancies, raise blood pressure.
- Use of tobacco products: Varicose veins are more prone to develop in smokers.
What causes varicose veins?
Varicose veins form when the lining of your veins deteriorates. Your vein can expand as blood pressure increases inside of it because of the weaker walls of the vein. Your vein stretches, making it harder for the valves that keep blood flowing in one direction to do their jobs. Your vein also expands, bulges, and twists due to slow-moving blood that pools or gathers.
What is the difference between a spider and varicose veins?
Spider and varicose veins are both forms of venous illness, yet they have different appearances. Compared to varicose veins, spider veins are more delicate and tiny. They are near the skin’s surface and resemble red, blue tree branches or spider webs.
Typically, spider veins don’t hurt. Anywhere on your body can develop them, but the most common places are behind your knee, on your feet, or your face. Varicose veins typically happen in your legs and feet.
What are the side effects of sclerotherapy?
What is the treatment for varicose veins? Sclerotherapy is the answer. It is the most common and effective way to treat minor to moderate varicose veins. However, Sclerotherapy can cause some side effects that may include:
- Redness, swelling or bruising for a few days where they inject the needle into your skin.
- Some also develop brown areas on the skin where the needle touched.
- Lumps or hardness for a few months.
- The possibility of new varicose veins after treatment.
We hope the above-provided information will help you learn some crucial facts regarding varicose vein treatment. The above information also highlights the causes, side effects, and other essential aspects of varicose veins. For more details, please visit veintreatmentnyc.com.
Ashmawi Sami has a Bachelor degree in Travel and Tourism Management from the University of Minnesota. He has his own travel vlogging channel. Besides being a fantastic yoga instructor he has travelled to 9 countries and planning his next trip soon. As the father of 3 dogs, he is well-trained in parenting, crowd control, and crisis situations.
Gillian is a freelance blogger, student, and full-time traveler. Each day she spends her time exploring something exciting to help people find the information they need while travelling to a new destination. Whether it be the place to enjoy holidays, or a spot to throw a party or hidden gems that you must visit in the city.
- Adventure (13)
- Automotive (7)
- Business (147)
- Education (13)
- Event (4)
- Health (257)
- Insurance (11)
- Lifestyle (12)
- News (1)
- Real Estate (19)
- Shopping (25)
- Technology (20)
- Travel (3)
JOIN US TODAY
June 2, 2023 -
What Are the Different Types of Oral Surgeries?
Oral surgeries are often necessary to treat various...
June 1, 2023 -
Enchanting Whimsy: The Allure of Anna Sui Perfume
Anna Sui Perfume: Captivating Fragrances with a Touch...
June 1, 2023 -
What Are The Essential Things You Need To Know About Hiit Workouts?
When you give the HIIT workout your all,...