What Should You Know About Tooth Enamel Erosion?
The outermost layer of teeth, called enamel, is the substance that protects your teeth from the external world, including physical and chemical damage. Tooth enamel is very hard, and the most complex layer in your body is even tougher than the bone.
Teeth enamel is your body’s first defense against various chemical and food particles. This makes your teeth prone to wear and tear, called teeth enamel or erosion.
Teeth enamel can have various symptoms like teeth stains and sensitivity, and tooth enamel can’t be regrown. However, you can prevent erosion from getting worse by maintaining dental practices such as brushing and flossing at least two times a day. It would be best if you considered contacting dental Houston for a regular checkup at least two times a year.
What are the symptoms of enamel erosion?
There are many signs and symptoms of teeth erosion. They often include:
- Cracks and chips
- Increased sensitivity to taste, textures, and temperature
- Indentations are known as cups on the surface of your teeth
You may have significant teeth erosion if you experience the following:
- Pain and sensitivity when you eat or drink cold, acidic, spicy, and hot
- Discoloration in your teeth
What are the complications associated with teeth enamel?
- Overly sensitive teeth
- Yellow stains
- Rough edges on your teeth
- Spots (Shiny) on your teeth
- Cavities or decayed tooth
- Gradual wearing and tearing of teeth enamel
- Fractured teeth
If you experience the following, you can consider contacting a dentist for a thorough diagnosis. They may recommend Houston dental veneers that give your aesthetic and a brighter look to your teeth. Now the question arises what are dental veneers and what do they do?
What are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers are sometimes called porcelain veneers or dental laminates with thin and custom-made shells for your teeth. Moreover, they are tooth-colored and designed to cover your first eight teeth. These shells are bonded to your front eight teeth and change color, shape, length, or size.
What Types of Problems Do Dental Veneers Fix?
A dentist 77008 uses dental veneers to fix such problems:
If your teeth are discoloured because of:
- Root canal treatment
- Teeth erosion
- Stains from food and drugs
- Excessive fluoride
- Due to large resin fillings
So here are some other causes of teeth erosion other:
- If your teeth are worn down
- If you have chipped or broken teeth
- Teeth are misaligned, irregularly, or unevenly shaped.
- If the gaps between teeth are significant, a dentist treats them to space between these teeth.
What are the advantages of dental veneers?
- Dental veneers give you both brighter and whiter teeth:
- They provide the natural teeth-like appearance
- Gums can tolerate porcelain walls
- Porcelain veneers are stain resistant
- They are designed to make your teeth whiter and brighter.
Dental veneers Houston don’t require as much shaping required in dental crowns, yet they are more robust and look better on your teeth.
The best way to treat teeth enamel erosion is good dental practices such as brushing and flossing teeth at least twice daily. Also, you can consider contacting discover dental for a thorough diagnosis. However, if your teeth are eroded, you can select dental appliances such s dental veneers and crowns to make your teeth look whiter and brighter.
Ashmawi Sami has a Bachelor degree in Travel and Tourism Management from the University of Minnesota. He has his own travel vlogging channel. Besides being a fantastic yoga instructor he has travelled to 9 countries and planning his next trip soon. As the father of 3 dogs, he is well-trained in parenting, crowd control, and crisis situations.
Gillian is a freelance blogger, student, and full-time traveler. Each day she spends her time exploring something exciting to help people find the information they need while travelling to a new destination. Whether it be the place to enjoy holidays, or a spot to throw a party or hidden gems that you must visit in the city.