Stoneware Cookware; What Are The Benefits?
Often, people only focus on the quality of the meal that they provide to their family and forget that the utensils and pots that they use have an effect on their overall health. Take for example non-stick steel pans. The substance that gives them this non-sticky surface is the Perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA), which is basically a toxin that affects your body, albeit in due time. This PFOA material has been linked to different kinds of cancers, weakened immune systems, thyroid problems, and even miscarriages. Therefore, if you value your family’s health, it’s about time that you shift to a different cooking material
If you have never used stoneware or even the Griddles before or don’t exactly know what it is, the following guide will be a quick introduction to its benefits.
What is it?
Stoneware Cookware is generally a type of clay that is cast using extremely high temperatures. As a result, the final product is durable, chip-resistant, an excellent heat insulator, and something that can easily withstand daily use in your kitchen. Though stoneware was mostly used in dishes, mugs, plates, and bowls up to a few years ago, many have opted to use stone now because of the chemicals used in various steel-based kitchenware.
This type of cookware is used for Bakeware Australia purposes because it is strong enough to withstand extreme oven temperatures without cracking or breaking. It also heats very evenly allowing for a more ‘even cook’ across the meal. Stone cookware is also available in clear or colored glazes, so you can choose one according to your own preference. The same goes with the Griddles Pan and Stockpots.
Some of the top benefits that you can hope to reap with stone cookware are:
- Since this cookware is made from natural clay, you won’t need to worry about any harmful chemicals getting into you or your family’s body from any post-production additives.
- It becomes seasoned with each use, which makes the cooked food taste better. In fact, people who use stone Cregularly rarely opt for any other type of cooking material, irrespective of the cost.
- It is able to retain heat inside it, which means that your food will be cooked a lot quicker and more evenly. Moreover, because of this heat retention, your food will stay warm for a longer period of time. So, you won’t need to worry about rewarming it.
Tips for Using and Maintaining:
When using and maintaining your stone cookware, consider following these three tips to ensure that your stone cooking utensils last longer.
- Before the first use, make sure to wash the stone cookware with hot water only and not with soap. Also, for the first use, most manufacturers suggest that you cook something slightly greasy such as French fries to turn your cookware into a non-stick pan or pot.
- The food that you cook in your cookware should be cooked at the temperature and time you would when using any other kind of material. In case you are baking something then use separate utensils such as the bakeware Australia.
- Even though stoneware is very durable, you shouldn’t attempt to place it on a cold surface or fill it with water as this can cause and render the cookware unusable.
Stoneware is considered to be the safest cookware in the market. Purchase sustainable, non-toxic featured cookware to support healthy living.
Ashmawi Sami has a Bachelor degree in Travel and Tourism Management from the University of Minnesota. He has his own travel vlogging channel. Besides being a fantastic yoga instructor he has travelled to 9 countries and planning his next trip soon. As the father of 3 dogs, he is well-trained in parenting, crowd control, and crisis situations.
Gillian is a freelance blogger, student, and full-time traveler. Each day she spends her time exploring something exciting to help people find the information they need while travelling to a new destination. Whether it be the place to enjoy holidays, or a spot to throw a party or hidden gems that you must visit in the city.