How to Lengthen the Lifetime of Your Dental Veneers?
A dental veneer’s lifespan depends on the care you take of your teeth. Your dental veneers will wear out if you are not taking the proper care.
Here are some points to keep your veneers for a long time:
- If you are opening things with your teeth and using your teeth as a tool, your veneers can get chipped or cracked. Dont try to bite or open non-food items. You may end up with veneer damage.
- Avoid eating products like tobacco. It stains your teeth and can turn your new sparkling white veneers yellow.
- Avoid foods and drinks that stain your teeth. Pasta sauce, berries, different curries, soft drinks, wine, coffee, and tea can stain your teeth and damage veneers.
- Go to the veneers specialist near me for regular cleanings and checkups. Go to cosmetic dentistry in Houston, TX, for regular professional cleanings to keep your teeth healthy. However, the dental veneers near me will also examine your dental veneers in every cleaning and confirm they are still good state.
- Your dental veneers specialist will suggest you Floss daily. Dental veneers do not spoil by flossing your teeth. Flossing is fruitful for you as it keeps your teeth and gums in good shape and protects you from gum disease, creating a gap between your gums and dental veneers.
- Wear a mouthguard when playing any game, and wear a dental guard at night if you grind your teeth in sleep. Wearing a guard can help prevent the decay of the porcelain in your dental veneers and keep them good in shape like perfect straight teeth.
- Your Houston veneers specialist will ask you to use a soft-bristle toothbrush and toothpaste that does not contain harmful ingredients. Even proper dental care can help veneers to stay long. Treat your dental veneers gently so that they last long.
What are the various types of dental veneers?
There are 4 types of veneers.
- Porcelain Veneers
Dentists use veneers treatment, the most common device to treat your teeth problems. They are made up of tooth-colored ceramic shells, and they are solid and durable.
- Composite Veneers
Composite veneers are prepared from a composite resin made of organic and inorganic substances and do not irritate the teeth’ surrounding parts. It is not expensive like porcelain veneers.
Lumineers are thin and robust; the dentist uses them to apply with teeth preparation. After the placing, it feels natural, like an original one.
- Palatal Veneers
Your dentist will use Palatal Veneers, custom-built and restores the lingual surface of your front teeth.
- Temporary Veneers
Temporary veneers are also removable or snap-on veneers because they can be removed while brushing or flossing. They are a flexible type of resin, and your dentist will fix it as a temporary solution after fabricating the veneers permanently.
By visiting cosmetic dentistry regularly, you can stop the arrival of unwanted oral issues. The cost of veneers can vary with your oral problems. Ask your best Houston dental clinic and treat stained, crooked, cracked, etc.
Ashmawi Sami has a Bachelor degree in Travel and Tourism Management from the University of Minnesota. He has his own travel vlogging channel. Besides being a fantastic yoga instructor he has travelled to 9 countries and planning his next trip soon. As the father of 3 dogs, he is well-trained in parenting, crowd control, and crisis situations.
Gillian is a freelance blogger, student, and full-time traveler. Each day she spends her time exploring something exciting to help people find the information they need while travelling to a new destination. Whether it be the place to enjoy holidays, or a spot to throw a party or hidden gems that you must visit in the city.