Term Life Insurance vs. Permanent Life Insurance
January 28, 2021 0
Choosing a life insurance plan is difficult; it takes a lot of time and research in order to ensure that all aspects are thoroughly examined before making a final decision. There are basically two forms of life insurance to choose from: term life insurance and permanent life insurance.
Below you will find valuable information regarding both forms of life insurance as well as other helpful information which will assist you in deciding which form of life insurance is best suited for you and your situation.
The first thing to do is to research and understand the concept of both forms of life insurance. These two forms of insurance have been compared to buying or leasing a car. Term life insurance is much like leasing a car, you can purchase insurance for a specific number of years, but once those years are up, so is your insurance coverage. Permanent life insurance is similar to buying a car. When you buy a car, it’s yours and you can drive it forever if you like. Permanent life insurance stays with you until you die.
Depending on your situation, each form of insurance can be very beneficial and offer many great opportunities. Below you will find a more in-depth explanation of each form of insurance providing advantages and disadvantages of both.
Term Life Insurance
• Term life insurance is inexpensive and can cost a considerable amount less than permanent life insurance.
• There are no strings attached with this form of insurance and you are free to stop paying whenever you want.
• You can begin using term insurance and if you feel like you want more coverage, you can then convert to permanent life insurance if you wish.
• Term life insurance only provides coverage. There are no other rewards and there is no cash value.
• Yes you are free to stop paying whenever you please, but should you choose to do so you will no longer have any life insurance coverage.
• Term prices increase at a rapid pace as you get older and as you get older, your need for this type of insurance will become more and more crucial.
Permanent Life Insurance
• Permanent life insurance can accumulate into cash value and savings. Any cash value which you receive will be tax deferred.
• There is no risk involved in this form of insurance. Your loved ones will receive a death benefit regardless of when you pass away, whereas term life insurance will only pay out if you happen to be covered when you die.
• You can borrow the cash value you receive to pay for college, a vehicle, etc. You can do this without receiving a penalty for doing so.
• The most noticeable disadvantage to permanent life insurance is the cost. This form of life insurance will cost you a great deal more than term life insurance.
• Should you decide to forgo your permanent life insurance coverage, you will be required to pay a large penalty which will be bounded by law.
Ashmawi Sami has a Bachelor degree in Travel and Tourism Management from the University of Minnesota. He has his own travel vlogging channel. Besides being a fantastic yoga instructor he has travelled to 9 countries and planning his next trip soon. As the father of 3 dogs, he is well-trained in parenting, crowd control, and crisis situations.
Gillian is a freelance blogger, student, and full-time traveler. Each day she spends her time exploring something exciting to help people find the information they need while travelling to a new destination. Whether it be the place to enjoy holidays, or a spot to throw a party or hidden gems that you must visit in the city.